The monsoon season while using welcome onslaught with the rains is anticipated to usher in lush greenery and provide a considerably needed get rid of the heat.
Here couple of ideas to ready your home to your wet season:
Always start from the medial out:
1) Using the overcast skies and dull surroundings, the rainy season requires a modification of furnishings to bright and vibrant colours to help you add cheer into the rooms. Additionally very light colours just like white and cream are really tricky to maintain while in the muddy monsoon season.
2) If you have rugs and carpets, it really is roll it away to protect it from punctures from mold and fungus that the constant dampness and increased humidity may cause.
3) Move your wooden and iron furniture faraway from leaky windows. Additionally you can spray then by using a waterproofing treatment for make certain that dampness won’t mar their beauty.
4) Sliding windows and balcony doors too really should be checked and fixed that has a rubber lining just in case there exists leakage.
5) You can also place door mats in the entrance of the house to prevent yourself from muddy shoes making the property dirty.
6) Indoor plants also tend to improve the dampness at home, and through rain, it’s wise in the event you put your plants outdoors.
1) If you are living in villas or apartments in Bangalore, then prior to a rains start, you ought to do a complete check to your roof for leakages, cracks etc. It is possible to engage a professional agency for minor repairs as well as clean and unclog the roofing gutters to make certain they drain the rainwater well. While carrying out this, also look into the down pipes for leakage, clogging etc.
2) In case the walls of your home have cracks, dampness or water rings, you may treat your cracks which has a temporary therapy of plaster of paris. Also you can choose the damp block ways of bridge cracks inside walls to avoid water seepage on account of damp walls.
3) Prune the backyard to stop the increase of weeds. Overgrown foliage might be a breeding ground for several pests and insects.
4) Websites that provide in the apartment complex, try to look for areas or items (cans, tyres) which will cause water to stagnate. Just be sure you clean them up or cover them to prevent it from to become breeding ground for malaria causing mosquitoes.
5) For people with a swimming pool within your apartment in Mumbai, lower water levels, making it probably not going to overflow during heavy rain.
6) Utilize a professional electrician to test outdoor electrical switches, in particular when they will be confronted with rain water. It is a hazardous situation that produces electric shock plus the exposed switches need to be immediately covered and water seepage fixed. Any damaged electrical cords also needs to be replaced which has no delay.